When you don’t feel like spending $11 at Playa Bowls, it’s not too tough to make a smoothie bowl at home. I make this mixed berry smoothie bowl on a weekly basis, and it is tasty and affordable!
- ½ cup of almond milk
- ½ of a ripe banana
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of frozen blackberries
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- ½ cup of pineapple
- 3 tablespoons of flaxseed and chia
- 1 serving of protein powder
- Fresh fruit as a topping (optional)
- Grananol (optional)
- Add liquid and ripe bananas to your blender.
- Then, add the frozen fruit, seeds, and the protein powder to the blender.
- Blend and top with fresh fruit and granola. (optional)
- Serve and Enjoy!!
- You can substitute the almond milk for any other non dairy milk. I also like using coconut milk for this recipe.
- The banana can be frozen or fresh, it does not affect the taste of the dish. Using a frozen banana will only affect the consistency.
- I recommend using frozen fruit because it is cheaper and adds to the thick consistency. If your using fresh fruit, add a handful of ice to your blender.
- Instead of buying individual bags of frozen fruit, I usually get a package of mixed frozen berries.
- I also recommend adding hemp seeds to your smoothie!
- I usually use the Vega protein powder in my smoothies.